York County's senior center menu for this week:
· Today, roasted chicken cacciatore over rice, steamed zucchini, wheat bread, fresh fruit
· Friday, baked pizza casserole with sauce, tossed salad, garlic breadstick, frosty fruit juice, sherbet
· Monday, roasted boneless chicken thigh with gravy, confetti rice, sweet peas, whole wheat bread, fresh fruit
· Tuesday, batter-dipped fish, potatoes au gratin, sliced carrots, whole wheat bread, vanilla ice cream
· Wednesday, baked ham slice with fruit glaze, scalloped potatoes, baked cabbage, rye bread, cake for November birthdays.
Activities at Northeastern
MOUNT WOLF- The Northeastern Senior Community Center is at 131 Center St., Mount Wolf. For details, call 717-266-1400 or visit www.mtwolfborough.com/NSCC.
· Today, podiatry appointments, iris paper fold, home delivery meal cards for holiday, washer game, fitness class, book club, spelling bee
· Friday, haircuts, nursery school visits, Harry Scott on stage, bingo
· Monday, 500 card game, Zumba Fitness, chair aerobics, singalong, games
· Tuesday, pool at Gap, brunch bunch, pinochle, Christmas pins, shuffleboard, Wii/chickenfoot
· Wednesday, massages, blood-pressure checks, CVS speaker on heartburn treatments, Glenn Haugh, silent movie, bingo
The York County Area Agency on Aging's APPRISE Program will offer personalized counseling during Medicare's Annual Enrollment Period through Dec. 7.
During the annual enrollment period, Medicare beneficiaries can review their
coverage and determine if health and prescription plans continue to meet their needs.
Medicare beneficiaries throughout the annual enrollment period will be able to receive one-on-one counseling assistance offered by trained APPRISE counselors at different locations throughout York County.
Appointments are necessary. Call the APPRISE Scheduling Line at 717-771-9001. Dates and locations for the sessions are as follows:
· 1 to 4 p.m. Nov. 13, Northeastern Senior High School, 300 High St., Manchester.
· 4 to 7 p.m. Nov. 15, York Suburban Senior High School, 1800 Hollywood Drive, Spring Garden Township.
Dementia Care Conference
A Dementia Care Conference featuring Teepa Snow, a dementia expert who trains and consults for agencies, facilities and families, will be
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Nov. 30 at Grace Fellowship Church, 1405 Seven Valleys Road, North Codorus Township.
Cost is $40 per person which includes lunch. CEUs are being offered for nursing home administrators, social workers, personal care home administrators and nursing for an additional cost.
Sponsored by Senior Information Networking Group, the conference is a fundraiser for York County senior centers. All proceeds from the conference and silent auction, which will be held during lunch, will go directly to the senior centers.
What's next: Registration is required. For details or to receive a digital copy of the registration brochure, call Sandy Taylor at 717-751-2488 or email email@example.com.
Are you a homebound older adult and feeling isolated? The Telephone Reassurance Program is for you.
This program utilizes York County Area Agency on Aging volunteers to place regular telephone calls to homebound and isolated adults in York County.
The program provides the older adult someone to socialize with by telephone and allows them to keep in contact with their community. Volunteers and older adults arrange telephone calls on a schedule suitable to them.
What's next: For details, call Beth Grove, volunteer coordinator, at 717-852-4904, 800-632-9073 or email EAGrove@yorkcountypa.gov.
The York County Area Agency on Aging is seeking York County residents interested in volunteering for its Judicial Center Tour Guide program.
Tour guides provide free prescheduled tours to community and school groups of 45 people or less with a suggested age of middle-school
age or older. Time commitment is flexible. Training will be provided this fall by the YCAAA.
What's next: For details, call Beth Grove, volunteer coordinator, at 717-852-4904 or 800-632-9073;or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer service line
The Pennsylvania Department of Aging has a new toll-free number to help consumers with questions about long-term living and services for people with disabilities.
The Link to Aging and Disability Resource Center line, 800-753-8827, is answered by trained customer service staff. Hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, excluding holidays.
The toll-free number previously used for the former Long Term Living Helpline, 866-286-3636, will automatically connect callers to the new service.
For more information on the Department of Aging's programs and services, visit www.aging.state.pa.us.