To quality for the program, an applicant must have owned and lived in their home in the district during 2012 and the applicant or spouse must be 65 years old as of Dec. 31, or be a widow/widower and were at least 50 years old as of Dec. 31, or be permanently disabled and 18 or older during the claim year.
Household income limits will determine the rebate amount, which ranges from $250 to $650. Applications and instructions will be available at the following locations:
· School district tax collector offices
· Kaltreider-Benfer and Collinsville libraries
· Rep. Stan Saylor's Red Lion office
· Red Lion Area School District offices or website
· Windsor Township building
· Red Lion Senior Center
What's next: Applications and supporting documents are to be submitted by May 15 to the Red Lion Area School District Business Office, 696 Delta Road, Red Lion, Pa. 17356.