York County's senior center menu for this week:
· Wednesday, potato-crusted fish, macaroni and cheese, fresh coleslaw, whole wheat bread, vanilla pudding
· Thursday, baked meatloaf with gravy, baked potatoes, sliced carrots, whole wheat bread, mandarin oranges
· Friday, vegetable lasagna, tossed salad with tomato, chilled apple juice, garlic breadstick, sliced peaches
· Monday, baked ham slice with cloves, au gratin potatoes, baked cabbage, whole wheat bread, chocolate pudding
· Tuesday, turkey and Swiss sandwich with lettuce and tomato, cheesy cauliflower soup, fresh cole slaw, white bread, crackers, pineapple tidbits
Eastern Area Senior Center
WRIGHTSVILLE- Eastern Area Senior Center, 243 Hellam St., Wrightsville, 717-252-1641, is open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays for York County residents 60 and older. Membership is free. Visit the craft corner, where crafts made by the center's participants are sold during center hours.
· Wednesday, exercise, Scattergories, bingo (bring two canned items)
· Thursday, leave at 9 a.m. for
bowling at Leisure Lanes, lunch at
· Tuesday, board meeting, craft, 5-cent bingo
Red Lion Area Senior Center
RED LION AREA- Red Lion Area Senior Center, 20-C Gotham Place, York Township, 717-244-7229, is open 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays, with lunch served daily at 11:30 a.m.
· Wednesday, puzzles, games, aerobics, advanced computer, bingo, roasted pumpkin seeds
· Thursday, puzzles, games, chair dancing, penny bingo, shuffleboard, pinochle
· Friday, puzzles, games, aerobics, bingo, Think Fast, pinochle
· Monday, puzzles, games, aerobics, short story group, Who Wants to . . ., Wii
· Tuesday, puzzles, games, chair dancing, beginners computer, craft, ping pong
The Office of York County Veterans Affairs holds satellite office hours at Red Lion Area Senior Center 8:30 a.m. to noon the third Wednesday of each month.
Susquehanna Senior Center
LOWER WINDSOR TWP.- Susquehanna Senior Center is at 2427 Craley Road, in the lower level of the Lower Windsor Township building, 717-244-0340, susquehannaseniorcenter.org.
· Wednesday, line dancing classes
· Thursday, yoga, fitness classes, bluegrass/country Pickin' Parlor 6 to
· Monday, breakfast 8 to 10 a.m., chorus practice
· Tuesday, yoga, fitness classes, Bible study
An Apprise volunteer from the York County Area Agency on Aging will be at the senior center 9 to 11 a.m. the third Tuesday of each month. The volunteers can provide information on Medicare health insurance, prescription drug coverage, income-based programs and other senior health insurance issues. To schedule an appointment, call 717-244-0340.
The York County Area Agency on Aging's APPRISE Program will offer personalized counseling during Medicare's Annual Enrollment Period through Dec. 7.
Medicare beneficiaries can review their coverage and determine if health and prescription plans continue to meet their needs.
Appointments are necessary; call the APPRISE scheduling line at 717-771-9001. Dates and locations for the sessions are as follows:
· 1 to 4 p.m. Oct. 30, Red Lion Area Senior High School, 200 Horace Mann Ave., Red Lion.
· 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 5, Dallastown Area High School, 700 New School Lane, York Township.
Dementia Care Conference
A Dementia Care Conference featuring Teepa Snow, a dementia expert who trains and consults for agencies, facilities and families, will be 8 a.m. to
4:30 p.m. Nov. 30 at Grace Fellowship Church, 1405 Seven Valleys Road, North Codorus Township.
Cost is $40 per person which includes lunch. CEUs are being offered for nursing home administrators, social workers, personal care home administrators and nursing for an additional cost.
Sponsored by Senior Information Networking Group, the conference is a fundraiser for York County senior centers. All proceeds from the conference and silent auction, which will be held during lunch, will go directly to the senior centers.
What's next: Registration is required. For details or to receive a digital copy of the registration brochure, call Sandy Taylor at 717-751-2488 or email email@example.com.