· Keyboard skills, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Tuesday (Aug. 7). Participants will learn the functions of the various keys. This is not a typing class.
· Mouse skills, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Tuesday (Aug. 7), will cover the various types of mouse clicks.
· Basic computer skills, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Wednesday (Aug. 8). The instructor will explain the basics of Microsoft Windows, including menus, toolbars and saving files.
· Basic Internet skills, 12:30 to 2:30 Wednesday (Aug. 8), will explain URLs and Google searches.
· Email basics, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Aug. 14, includes how to sign up for a free email account, manage an inbox, save attachments and other tasks.
· Facebook, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Aug. 14. Students will learn how to set up a profile, find friends, write on someone's wall and other features.
· Microsoft Word, 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Aug. 15, 21 and 29, covers creating a document, cut, copy and paste and setting margins.
· Microsoft Excel, 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. Aug. 15, 21 and 29, covers data entry, formatting and computation formulas.
The classes will be taught by Jeanina Sargent, who has more than 25 years of experience in information technology and technical instruction.
Cost is $25 for each two-hour class.
To register, visit www.yorklibraries.org, call Jeanina Sargent at 717-586-1878 or email ComputerClasses@yorklibraries.org. Advance registration is required for all classes and payment is due at time of registration.