Libraries DOVER AREA COMMUNITY LIBRARY, 3700-3 Davidsburg Road, Dover Township. Hours are noon to 8 p.m. Mondays; 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Thursdays; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday and Saturdays; and closed Sundays. For details, call 717-292-6814 or visit www.yorklibraries.org.
Programs for children
· 7 p.m. Mondays, Monday evening story time, geared for families with children of all ages. No registration required.
EAST BERLIN COMMUNITY LIBRARY,
105 Locust St., East Berlin, 717-259-9000, www.eastberlinlibrary.org, is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, noon to 8 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. For details, visit www.eastberlinlibrary.org.
· 9:30 a.m. Nov. 2 and Nov. 16, baby story time for children up to 24 months old and a caregiver. Signup is requested.
· 6:30 p.m. Nov. 6, and the first Tuesday of the month, Bark Me a Tale, therapy dogs. Call the library to sign up for a 15-minute time slot.
· 6:30 p.m. Nov. 15, book discussion of "Thanksgiving on Thursday" by Mary Pope Osborne. This story is about a brother and sister who travel back in time for the very first Thanksgiving. Stop by the library to borrow a copy of the book and reserve your space.
· 6:30 to 8 p.m. the second Tuesday of the month, Chicks with Sticks knitting and crocheting. Learn to knit or crochet.
· 7 p.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month, adult book discussion group.
GLATFELTER MEMORIAL LIBRARY, 101 Glenview Road, Spring Grove, is open noon to 8 p.m. Mondays, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesdays, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Wednesdays, noon to 8 p.m. Thursdays,
9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturdays. For details or registration, call 717-225-3220. Volunteers are needed to help shelve books 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesdays, and teen volunteers are needed Wednesdays after school. See Miss Ellen. Visit www.yorklibraries.org for other upcoming events.
Programs for children
· 7 p.m. Mondays, Monday evening story time, geared for children, especially targeting early elementary, and their families. Join Miss Colleen or Miss Peggy for stories just before bedtime. No need to register.
· 10 a.m. Wednesdays, Wee Ones story time for ages 0-6. Join Miss Diane for rhymes, stories, eggs and bubbles.
· Noon to 7 p.m. Thursdays, drop-in craft family activity. Each Thursday let your artistic self come alive. Materials and directions supplied.
· 10 a.m. the second Saturday of each month, Read to the Dogs - Tales For Tails. For details or to register, call the library or visit the front desk.
Programs for adults
· 6 to 8 p.m. Mondays, knitting group. Join Beth Lutz of Painted Spring Alpaca Farm for this growing group. If you like to knit or crochet, this is the group for you. Attend when it suits you, every Monday evening or when your schedule allows. This group is informal and friendly.