A fire put a family out of its home in York this morning.

York assistant fire chief Pat Rose said the fire, thought to be caused by an overloaded electrical outlet, started around 5:50 a.m. on the third floor of a home in the 300 block of West Philadelphia Street. The man who lives there tried to put it out and got burns on his hands, but refused treatment, Rose said.

Four adults and a child will have to find somewhere else to stay. The Red Cross was there to help them. Rose said a damage estimate is pending.




Advertisement